Top Ten Songs I'm Looking Forward to The Hold Steady Kicking My Ass With:
10) Chillout Tent- This song is so dynamite except I've never cared for the other vocalists. I assume since this is live that part will be played by us, or as its going to be in Baltimore, John Waters and Patti Hitler.
9) Stay Positive- a newby but goodie, and sure to be an absolute monster live. Call and response, please.
8) You Gotta Dance With Who You Came to the Dance With- or, preferably, strangers.
7) Cattle and the Creeping Things- I can only imagine this is tremendously strange in person. Nice change of pace.
6) Sequestered in Memphis- another newborn baby, but I love it dearly and have commited it to memory. Except for until recently I thought he was saying Christmas, not business. Best sing-a-long since Mary Poppins.
5) Your Little Hoodrat Friend- I imagine the enormous appeal of this song is increased exponentially if you are actually surrounded by hoodrats. Fingers crossed.
4) First Night- I've been trying to quit smoking, but I keep lighters for occasions such as huge daddy power ballads.
3) Massive Nights- ever seen a white kid bouncing up and down like a douchebag to a cool bassline? It's awesome, isn't it?
2) How a Ressurection Really Feels- I assume, since we've already expended the lighter waving during the power ballad, we are obligated to set ourselves on fire.
1) The Swish- Fuck Yeah.