Monday, January 14, 2008

Who Do I Want to Be President?


I realized tonight while listening to C-Span that who I support for President and who I want to be President are actually two completely different things. I'm quite the Obama fan, for his charisma and his vision and youth. I'd have been Obama Girl if I could have pulled off wearing tight underwear. But I don't know if I imagine him as President. Maybe it's just that I don't really consider myself part of this narrative but really just a snarky observer. I'll often say I can't wait until the Military takes over, and I mean it. Even if it does mean I'll be one of the first ones in a gulag, what with my foppish uselessness and my family history of Type-2 Diabetes. Only Wilford Brimley will be spared.

In the meantime, who do I think this country will elect as it's next President? A flashy dreamer or a comforting and not terribly exciting old man? The wild card is always this woman they're talking about, but are they actually allowed to vote? At the end of the day, look forward to our white-haired doddering old President, being carried around like the Pope. Have we done anything as a country to deserve more?

No comments: