Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Walrus Was Maharishi



Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, briefly Guru to the Fab Four until some shenanigans ( http://www.rickross.com/reference/tm/tm156.html ) put him out of favor, died yesterday in Holland. Ever notice whenever something bad happens in The Netherlands, Anne Frank etc., they call it Holland? Anyhow, if you don't know him from Ravi Shankar or Gandhi you should probably study him.

He has a lot to do with the Me Decade and also why really earnest guys think the subway platform or the mall is a good place to enlighten you spiritually. I may actually have to flip through my copy of the Gita I bought for 3 dollars outside HFStival. I'm not sure whether or not he was a serious interlude for John and George or just a stepping stone between marching band uniforms and mountain beards. Yet the fact remains that after WWI veterans, the figures of the '60s are dissapearing at an alarming rate. I dont know what kind of afterlife he believed in, but he's probably standing outside of Mia Farrow's final resting place, waiting.

P.S. I don't know if that is the same Rick Ross but I'd like to think so. Everyday I'm Hustling is certainly our mantra.

No comments: